Re: TT-3200

Hello,

I recently bougth 3 pieces of TT S2-3200 and want to get them running too.

After some hours searching the web and almost every time ending up here
I would like to help get the STB0899 driver working with the TechnoTrend
S2-3200.

I have compiled some Kernels - some lower 2.6.x Kernel has to be used to
work with the driver code from Manus branch - and played arround with
the driver a little. Following some hints in the web, that it should be
possible to at least get some life into the driver [1], what in my
understanding for now should be impossible because of the missing
implementation of the correct PCI ID for the TT S2-3200, the Driver
shouldn't care about the card at all.

As you wrote trying to add the PCI ID could be a first approach. I tried
so, but had no time so far to test/finish. My next step will be to get
this done.

I assume, that it should be possible to get the driver working. The
support for the chipset itself with all register writing "magic" was
already implemented by Manu - so i think only small adaptions of the
code will be needed (although perhaps this is completely wrong - only an
complete assumtion of mine, for no reason).

Perhaps we could get some short comment, about what would have be done
next and some hint where to start would be great. I have not overlooked
the code so far.

Greetings, Andi.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg22572.html