Suggestions for USB DVB-C

Hi,

I would like to give a go to a DVB-C USB card.
In the wiki the only supported device looks to be

Technotrend DVB-C C-1200 TT-Connect

Is it true?

In the mailing list, April 2006, there are positive feedbacks, is it
still the case?

Related question: can I connect directly to a DVB-C card the coaxial
cable from the cable provider? The same that goes into the cable modem
and into the Telewest Set Top Box?

Many thanks