Afatech af9005 unstable reception

My last question for a cheap USB DVB-T stick took a whole other turn. Earlier I bought an Allnet all2006 USB DVB-T stick, just praying it would run on Linux. It didn't. At least it didn't back then.

On Windows I figured out it's an Afatech AF9005 clone. On Google I figured out there is a driver and firmware here, recently written: http://ventoso.org/luca/af9005/

Happy was I! I installed everything and yes, the device is detected. But it hardly ever locks correctly on a frequency. I see the "lock" thingie in Kaffeine light up, as well as a blue led on the stick. But few times do I read some channel information. Once I was able to read the radio transponder, but the radio stutters. That doesn't really say much, radio stutters with another DVB-T device on Windows as well at that frequency, and I have no idea if my reception or buggy software is the problem here.

The main problem is I can't read all channels. I'm missing almost all the channels. The -/+167 trick didn't help.

Pim