Re: Compile problem for Technotrend TT-budget S2-3200 card

Hi Artem,

Quoting Artem Makhutov <artem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:43:19AM +0200, deon@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Has anyone had success in compiling this driver?

Only with a 2.6.16 or 2.6.17 kernel. I don't remember it. But the driver
did not worked for me.

I have taken the snapshot from the linuxtv.org website. I have tried
to compile against the latest kernel (2.6.20.1).

Problems I found:

1. The make_makefile.pl refuses to run - fixed that by making it executeable
  (and a lot of other .pl files)
2. When I run 'make' in the directory I get "No rule to make target
'.config', needed by '.myconfig' Stop"

What am I doing wrong?

You need to download this file:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?f=1cea9d21d3a8;file=v4l/scripts/make_myconfig.pl;style=gitweb

Ah, thanks.

It is missing in the snapshot. This file generates the .myconfig.

I have extracted the files in a directory not under the kernel sources dir.

My kernel source is located in /usr/src/kernels/linux (where linux is
a softlink to the 2.6.20.1 source dir.

Any suggestions?

The driver is not (yet) ready.
Manu Abraham announced to release a new driver soon. So if you are not a
kernel hacker the best you can do is to wait for his update :)

Ain't it always the case ;-)! Will see if I can commit to some support from or side. We really need a quality solution with CA support. In my side of the world (southern hemisphere) all channels are encrypted (scrambled).

Greetings, Artem

--
Artem Makhutov
Unterort Str. 36

Thanks for yor assistance. Much appreciated.
Deon Stoltz
NuLAN
South Africa