Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 and 170MHz frequency

Hi and thanks for the tip to e9hack!

But unfortunately that didn't work. Allthough in my driver's code the border frequency was 160MHz (?). I tried to change it to <170, <=170 and <180 but nothing changed in tuning. Is there any else good ideas why 170 is not working?

T: Olli K.

e9hack wrote:
Hi,

depend on the exact design of the tuner, 170MHz may be part of the
Low-Band. You can try to change the border frequency for the low band in
philips_cu1216_tuner_set_params() in budeget-av.c. Currently, the border
is 150MHz.

- Hartmut

Olli Kattelus wrote:
Hi

I have bought new Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C PCI card. After
successfully patched the driver (new chip on this card wasn't
supported yet) everything seemed working fine. But when I tried to
tune channels, I noticed that it can't find any channels from 170MHz
band (SR=6875k, QAM128). This is rather unfortunate because all main
channels are in this frequency. I tried this card also in XP.
Terratec's own program is rather poor, but it seemed to find these
channels. Problems finding channels has been occured in Kaffeine and
dvbscan (havn't tried any other in linux).