Re: HVR4000 status

In message <20070325201007.GA7170@xxxxxxxxx>, Gregoire Favre wrote:

hi

>On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 07:47:33PM +0100, Darron Broad wrote:
>
>Hello,
>
>it still not working... if I start szap on the first entry of my diseqc
>it works, but if I try second or third, then I can't go back even to the
>first entry.

I have tested the code with a 4x switch and it works.

It will light up each port as expected when given the correct
command using "diseqc" from dvb-apps/test/

The troubles you are experiencing would appear to be due
to a signalling fault. This can be due to noise on the power
lines, a low line voltage for polarity selection and any
number of other hardware related issues including a dud
card.

As far as timing is concerned in the driver, then there is
a potential timing error with a high band tone going up
too early, yet to prove that this is your problem you
must test with only low band transponders and see if that
works.

>> For anyone interested the latest hvr4000 patch is here:
>>=20
>> http://dev.kewl.org/tmp/hvr4000/stoth-10.diff
>>=20
>> This one "fixes" the signal reading so linux apps can display a
>> correct representation of the actual level as well as providing
>> the latest diseqc fixes.
>>=20
>> The SNR and BER are still UNKNOWN.
>>=20
>> Diseqc has been tested on both simple and 4x switches and appears
>> to work.
>
>I fear I really should install XP then :(

You should install it to test whether you get the same issues or
not, however, for sanity please use the exact same hardware
setup.

>Steve Toth was optimist when he claimed to post a working setup in the
>next days :-)

So far there have been three diseqc users including yourself, two
of which have successfully working switch selection. If more reports
come in of faulure then we can assume that the above is premature
else a valid response.

Bye

--

 // /