Re: HVR4000 status

In message <BAY116-DAV196C67A2BBABDD96130D1FB0760@xxxxxxx> <000f01c76a12$a71fc060$dc0a0a0a@FDIWWI003>, "will" wrote:

>Hi,

lo

>I've compiled the HVR4000 tree (~stoth/hvr4000
><http://linuxtv.org/hg/%7Estoth/hvr4000> ) and so far I've been able to scan
>channels (DVB-S) successfully, but can't get a picture. I've also had the
>DVB-T part of the card working fully (using the 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 kernel with
>card=56). Analogue didn't work at all for me although it seemed to detect
>everything fine (I think it was tuner 63), the radio is not detected (I
>presume it's not implemented). I'm wondering how far along the HVR4000
>support is currently and whether I've achieved as much as is currently
>possible or if I have got something miss configured etc.

I am also playing with that repo and am able to get a picture so something
is amiss here. I can't assume what it is but please try using szap
and mplayer to diagnose if there is a problem rather than using other tools.

I am not testing anything but DVB-S so can't advise futher, sorry.

>I'm using a combination of xine, mythtv, tvtime and the dvb utils (dvbscan
>etc). I'd like to offer to help as I'm keen to see if I can get this card
>working with MythTv. I'm also interested how you were able to do I2C
>snooping under M$.

I assume that for snooping you'd need to tie a pin onto a chip, I don't
have a facility to monitor activity, but this may be how Steve done it.

Based on the above, it should be evident that the DVB-S part is an
unknown quantity and not much detail of it's firmware is known other
than what Steve has acquired.

If you have a facility to capture i2c, then please advise.

Also, if you have a storage device please inspect diseqc stream, there are
unknowns there, and it would be nice to actually see what's happening.

>Thanks for any help / info you can offer

>Will Wiseman

cya

darron

--