Re: [RFC] Reviewed development procedures & DVB Maintainer

On 3/7/07, Johannes Stezenbach <js@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Markus Rechberger wrote:
> I could
> easily prove that I got misleaded here already several times.
> I wonder how someone could respect a core developer who does that.

Please prove it.

If I understand correctly you say that a core developer
_deliverately_ sabotaged your work. Which I find very hard
to believe.

That someone fucks up and talks bullshit, that's
to be expected from a human being.
But that's something entirely different than malice.

In January 2006 I got told that I should implement the xc3028 just as
all other external tuner modules are implemented without a tuner-core
dependency, it end up that the tuner-core would need modularization
since all external v4l tuners are compiled into the tuner-core.

also that I should have a look at the saa7134-dvb driver and implement
my driver like that one.
saa7134-dvb handles simple i2c tuner requests by itself and doesn't do
anything complex, this approach cannot really be used by my xc3028
driver - if I'd go that path that would mean a reimplementation of the
xc3028 within the em2880 dvb driver.

Within the same driver there's a second approach which uses the v4l
infrastructure. I went that path already and during the last
discussion it came out that this approach is very bad by some
developers (not all)

Also instead of proposing improvements it got stated out that the
em2880-dvb driver is bad and that it's simply not done that way, this
block here isn't related to the misguide problematic here but it
definitelly doesn't show up a good communitywork.

Markus