Re: [RFC] Reviewed development procedures & DVB Maintainer

On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hi Hermann,
> > >
> > >                                              ^ v4l
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > someone should stand up as dvb maintainer instead of blaming Mauro for
> > doing the dirt.
> >
> > Then this spreading off lists, he wants to rewrite linux-dvb completely
> > and other madness might stop.
>
> It seems that a very small group of developers are too pride to admit
> all work I have by reviewing, merging their patches on kernel, and
> keeping the tree updated with the changes directly applied at kernel.
> Unfortunately, if I understood well your comment, it seems that some are
> also saying say bullshit at backstage.
>
> I don't mind. I'll keep doing the best for multimedia support.
>
> Cheers,
> Mauro

hi hermann,

your mail adressbook contains an error.
linux dvb ml is located at linuxtv.org not redhat.com.
please update accordingly. thank you.

i am a bit confused on the "old" topic.
we do actually have _two_ different projects. they depend on
each other, and at least both projects are kept in one repository.

we have been and still are in a discussion who is maintainer of what.

at least my understanding has been mauro is maintaining v4l, whilst
all the dvb developers are maintaining dvb.

mauro is and has been responsible for preparing kernel pushes/patchsets
and that work is appreciated by the dvb guys.

but, due to recently upcoming discussions, who maintains what and why,
we could stop this time consumption by just opening up a poll/voting/pedition
if we need a "one person" dvb subtree maintainer and if so, who it is to be.

if that is done someday in the nearer future, we can start over to develop
not to discuss the same stuff  regularly without a result.

that were my 2 ct for now.

best regards
marcel

ps. i dont think people are saying bullshit at backstage. we all are or should be
     grown-up enough to say what we think and to be able to take what other people
     my think about ourselves.