dvb maintainer

hermann pitton wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 11:14 -0500 schrieb Michael Krufky:
>> Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> The last time we've reviewed our procedures were on March, 2006. I think
>>> it is time to review the documents (there's still an even more ancient
>>> file, from 2005!).
>>>
>>> I'm enclosing a file, with my understanding on the current practices for
>>> V4L/DVB development. Please comment.
>> Mauro,
>>
>> A few issues...  #1, I think we're better off keeping this document called
>> README.patches, as we have already directed users on the mailing lists to this
>> file, and those emails remain indexed in google forever.  IMHO, better to stay
>> consistent.
>>
>> #2, I have made some corrections to the document.  Please see these corrections
>> inline below.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael Krufky

>>> +
>>> +The main kernel trees are hosted at http://git.kernel.org. Each tree
>>> +is owned by a maintainer.
>>> +
>>> +The main kernel tree is owned by Linus Torvalds, being located at:
>>> +	http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
>>> +
>>> +The subsystem master tree, is owned by the subsystem maintainer (Mauro
>>                                              ^ v4l
>
> Hi,
>
> someone should stand up as dvb maintainer instead of blaming Mauro for
> doing the dirt.
>
> Then this spreading off lists, he wants to rewrite linux-dvb completely
> and other madness might stop.

Hermann,

I changed the subject so as not to deter from the original RFC.

When somebody hijaacks a thread, discussing an entirely different topic, while
retaining the original subject line, it makes these threads entirely difficult
to follow.

Please change the subject if you are going to change the discussion.

About dvb maintainer --

The job is being done by the DVB maintainers, collectively.  Mauro is the v4l
maintainer, and he is acting patch monkey for both subsystems.

This model is working OK for now.  When a topic comes up and a decision needs to
be made about the DVB subsystem, us DVB maintainers discuss it on email _and_ irc.

Mauro does not make decisions for the DVB subsystem, and he has been sticking to
his own area.

Nobody blames Mauro for "doing the dirt" -- He does v4l stuff only.

Mauro does a good job forwarding patches, and there is no reason to change it,
unless a dvb maintainer has a problem with how he is doing so.

If there is such a problem, then it should be discussed and dealt with.  IN ITS
OWN THREAD.  Please keep unrelated topics separate.

Regards,

Michael Krufky