Re: linux-dvb Digest, Vol 26, Issue 24

> One problem that I do suffer is that I can't detect any channels from
> within MythTV. I need to manually scan them by using dvbscan and then
> import the channels.conf file. Doing so, I can watch all the channels
> in my area. I don't receive any EIT info, though. I wonder if this is
> because of the relatively poor signal in my area or precisely because
> the channels are externally scanned and then MythTV doesn't have all
> the required info to receive EIT data.

The channels.conf from dvbscan doesn't contain original network and
transport stream IDs which are crucial for EIT to work.

Mythtv's channel scan works with my Nova-T 500 just fine. Could you
please send the console output of "mythtv-setup -v
channel,record,siparser" either to the mythtv-dev mailing list
(subscription requirred) or me privately.

Janne

I'll perform that test tomorrow. Tonight my mythbox is occupied recording House ;)... I'll send you the report ASAP. Thank you for your interest!

Cheers
  Eduard