Nova-T 500 user experience (Juha Ruotsalainen) Re: Nova-T 500 user experience

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering, does every Nova-T 500 owner (using it on Linux) suffer from the USB disconnect malfunction? Or is there someone out there who runs
> it perfectly? My setup (Ubuntu 6.10 + 2.6.20.1 kernel + latest v4l dvb Mercurial) suffers from usb disconnects, and  because of that, kernel oopsen.
>
> --
> jussi

Hi,
   I've been following this topic on the mailing list without intervining, as (AFAIK at least...) I've never suffered this issue. I have a Nova-T 500 card mounted on a Asus P1-AH2 barebone (AMD-64), running Sabayon Linux 64-bit edition and MythTV 0.20.

   I really can't say if this has never happened, maybe I didn't notice it or else I simply don't leave the system enough hours working (with tuning activity, I mean...).

One problem that I do suffer is that I can't detect any channels from within MythTV. I need to manually scan them by using dvbscan and then import the channels.conf file. Doing so, I can watch all the channels in my area. I don't receive any EIT info, though. I wonder if this is because of the relatively poor signal in my area or precisely because the channels are externally scanned and then MythTV doesn't have all the required info to receive EIT data.

Cheers,
  Eduard