Re: module parameters "ir_debug" budget_ci

Hi!

I assume the module options should be available without any additional
compiling settings?
Try
modinfo budget_ci
and it should output available options.

And you did rmmod the module before reloading it with options?

I use setting file in /etc/modprobe.d/
with (K)ubuntu, and that works ok.

Don't think you need to edit the source code to get ir debug output.

I wondered too if there were a list for device codes, but did not find
(is it a running number for devices listed in ir-keymaps.c?). I resorted
using devcode 255, as I use learning remote, and I had to collect
keycodes from different remotes for buttons that were not
pre-programmed.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:50:18 +0100 (CET), "hateman@xxxxxxxxxx"
<hateman@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi,
> I am having same troubles as Jouni in this e-mail chain. http://www.
> mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg21617.html
> I tried to do modprobe budget_ci ir_debug=1 rc5_device=255
> modprobe says -1 Unknown symbol in module and
> dmesg tells budget_ci: Unknown parameter 'rc5_device' ... 'ir_debug'
>
> Does the compiling need something special to make these module
> parameters work? I tried to googled but without success so that's why
> am asking here.
>
> One more thing... is there a list about the values that corresponds on
> certain rc5_device. I think source says something like 1-31
>
> I have changed this ir_debug=1 in the source file but I can't see this
> module messages in dmesg.
>
> Thanks,
> Hartsa

  Jouni