Re: CAM bonded to subscription card with DVB-C

Bob wrote:
My Cable co (StarHub Singapore) uses NagraVision Cards and CAMs which I know get bonded together in the Set Top Box at first boot, I have a spare card (never booted) as my package comes with 2 STBs is there a DVB-C card + CAM combo that can support this setup including grabbing the periodic key updates automatically?

If you get yourself a Nagra CAM, use it in an STB (that does NOT have built-in Nagra) with your second card, it should theoretically be bonded to that CAM. No warranties, though, since I haven't tried it.

The other alternative is finding the boxkey of your STB and using a softcam with a Phoenix interface to read your card. This I know works.

/fnord