Re: qam 256 doesn't work with TT 2300-C (Technotrend)

Am Dienstag 20 Februar 2007 22:53 schrieb e9hack:
> Markus Frahm wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I get 64qam as well as qam256 channels from my provider
> > (willy-tel,Hamburg Germany). The qam 256 channels work well under windows
> > with the same cable, so I think it should be a driver problem, pehaps in
> > stv0297.c?The quality of video and sound with 256qam is very poor. If it
> > wouldn't work with windows I would suppose that it was a cable/signal
> > problem, but I have excellent quality under windows.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've  snooped on the i2c-registers from saa7146 on the windows driver.
> If the windows driver didn't get a lock, it does sweep some values. I've
> tried to implement this behavior into the linux driver. I didn't see an
> improvement on my card, so I didn't publish the patch.
>
> - Hartmut
Hello Hartmut,
I just tried this patch, and I  had no improvement either :-( . So there must
be something else in the windows driver , which permits it to display qam 256
channels.
Has anybody perhaps contact to the Technotrend developers to ask them?

Greetings
   markus