Re: How does bad reception influence quality of macroblocks?

Luca Olivetti wrote:

These values are useless anyway: no driver (or at least none of the one I looked at to write my own) complies with the specification of the api, so the magnitudes aren't comparable between one card and the other. In

I disagree with "useless". Certainly the absolute values are incorrect unless the system is correctly calibrated.

However, this does not prevent one from working on the basis that anything higher than 0 is less than optimal and by adjusting dishes, antenna, replacing faulty cables etc. to reduce the values present, is very worthwhile.

As a side note, the api spec says that unc should be cumulative during the lifetime of the frontend, so this driver (and probably most others) is wrong, since the value cannot go back to 0 after being 13.

This would explain the anomaly.

Regards,

Richard