Re: Re: RFC: MPEG encoding and decoding V4L2 API additions

On 2/17/07, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point is that we need to add a similar API to ivtv driver. Does
encoder/decoder API fit on the needs of ivtv driver? If so, ivtv should
use it. Otherwise, we need to expand it to the newer needs.

Since you *still* don't see the point, when a device is going to use a
decoder, for one chip to use foo API and bar API for another chip and
when the chip[ which is classified under the foo API is used under the
bar application.

This is what i mentioned earlier

When the same chip appears to used somewhere else , you are suggesting
to rewrite apps to support foo and bar API 's for a similar category
of chips. (This is of course craziness)

Cheers,
Mauro

Manu