Re: Problem with Remote Pinnacle PCTV USB2 50e

Hi Gunther, I will try to send you the pics you ask for this afternoon !

Nobody has an idea about how to solve the problem for pinnacle pctv usb2 50e

--david;

Gunther Mayer a écrit :
Hi,

can you send me a picture of your device and further info for inclusion to my
http://www.bttv-gallery.de ?

1st priority:
- picture of the device, the device backside (high resolution pics if feasible)
- lsusb -v

further information, if feasible:
- pictures from the device inside, pcb upper side and back side (open at your own risk)
- pictures of remote control and of original package

Regards, Gunther

TECHER David wrote:
Hi all,

I'm newbi on this mailing-list...Excuse-me, I'm a French guy. I'm not very good at English. I hope you will understand what I write on my mail.

I've got a problem in order to use my "grey" pinnacle remote

I've tried to use the ideas from this mail http://lists.zerezo.com/video4linux/msg12737.html

I've successly installed my PCTV USB2 50e on my Ubuntu Dapper in order to use the remote control

But I've still having problem...like people who send theirs owns messages on "http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Talk:Em2820#Getting_remote_to_work"; about "...Additionally, it seems, that when I push a button of the remote it produces an endless (repeating) signal...."

Any idea about how to solve that?

Thanks.

--david;

Here is the commands I've used to install my pinnacle's pctv:

cd /usr/src
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb
cd v4l-dvb

Open the file /usr/src/v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-input.c

Replace at line 259

if (buf[0]!=0x00){
               return 0;
       }

by

if (buf[0]!=0xfe){
               return 0;
       }

then i added to "/etc/modprob.d/options"

options em28xx  card=3 i2c_scan=1 i2c_debug=1 device_mode=1 ir_debug=2

and to "/etc/modules"

ir-kbd-i2c

then i reboot my computer

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.