Re: KNC1 DVB-C cam module not working on driver load

Hello,

I tried to track the problem, and it is almost as if the CAM module isn't actually reset when the driver is unloaded/loaded.

The CAM succesfully initializes if the CAM wasn't initialized .

If the CAM was allready initialized once without being ejected the CAM will not initialize succesfully again when the driver loads.

budget-av: ci interface initialised.
budget-av: cam inserted A

dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(

When trying to fix it myself it looked to me as if the CAM module was actually still running however,when sending an RS (Reset) to the Command register it didn't look like the CAM did respond correctly. If there was a bit set in the status register it got cleared, but the FR bit never got set.

Does anyone know what could be happening here?

- Jeroen