cx88-dvb driver bug: unable to lock on some lower frequencies which have unencrypted channels

I think I have found a real bug in the cx88-dvb driver.  I've noticed that on 543mhz and 549mhz, azap is locking intermittently.  I know there are channels on these frequencies because the MyHD card I have in windows is able to tune these channels all the time without any errors.  I live in the Houston area which uses Time Warner cable if that helps any.  What can I do to help debug this problem?