Re: Why is 24/7 IRC and VIDEOCONFERENCING stupid?

Am Dienstag, den 30.01.2007, 12:34 +0300 schrieb Nickolay V. Shmyrev:
> В Втр, 30/01/2007 в 15:04 +1100, Julian Calaby пишет:
> > >
> > > OK, the famous immediately response on GNU/Linux is gone ...
> >
> > I think we were all a little shocked.
>
> /me too
>
> > Could you describe the problem a bit more, perhaps include kernel logs
> > and some details of the hardware / software?
> >
> > What distro are you using?
> >
> > Does it still fail on a vanilla kernel?
> >
> > Any error messages?
> >
> > =)
>
> I thought it was someone else but Hermann, what's the problem really?
>
> Offtopic I expect, in the following investigation you can find that
> average time
> between bug introduction and bug fix in OSS projects is around 300 days.
> So
> I hope we aren't that slow.
>
> http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~ejw/papers/HowLongFixBugs-Final.pdf

Hi,

don't take it too serious.
Nickolay, you are not meant at all!

Yes, also overdone with some other things.

The question I'm asking myself is, should I become less responsive too
and are the mailing lists still appropriate for and at all, since there
is really a slowdown on both.

On v4l, minor and mostly device specific fixes need much too long for
inclusion, for my experience up to one year and what you need to argue
before can fill a book. This was much different with Gerd, but we had
not this sign-off plague then.

Another simple question, who is the current maintainer of the cinergyT2?

Except the lists communication sometimes, it is really not bad!
Can see a lot of nice work, not yet announced.

Cheers,
Hermann