Re: DIB7000 with xc3028

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Michael Wünscher wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 23.01.2007, 11:38 +0100 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:

> I'm going to ask YUAN Tech for more details.

Good idea.

> > This is not done yet?
> So, i have a try. I take the mt2060 driver as skeleton or is there a
> documentation (HowTo)?

HowTo? I don't think there is one. There a discussion about the
Xceive-tuner as a dvb_frontend some time ago. Markus did something I'm
sure.

> I've never worked with that before. Is there a way to test it? perhaps
> try and error ?

There are 5 GPIO free on the USB-device and 4 or 5 on the demod, one of
them it is.

The 843 mentioned in the .inf-file is the Conexant 25843. The comment
about NO AV and so is confusing and maybe misleading: this seems to be a
design based on the STK7700PH ref design from DiBcom. (single hybrid).

Maybe with some quirks.

Once the Xceive is working you will need some special setting for the
demodulator (Xceive is using a IF frequency of 5.2 MHz and has only an
internal RF gain control). I will provide them when needed.

Patrick.