Re: cinergyT2: multiple devices not supported?

Sven Lankes wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 12:47:22PM +0100, Peter Daum wrote:
>
>> It seems to be impossible to use more than one CinergyT2 USB box on
>> the same Linux system - is this a known problem (or am I just the 1st
>> one who tried it)?
>
> None of the above.
>
> I am currently using two Cinergy T2 devices. Works for me.

[...]
> I guess you should try something newer than 2.6.16.

I did some more testing with different kernels and other
constellations and could produce some more variations, in which way
exactly it didn't work ;-) Eventually it turned out that somehow the
cinergyT2 behaves differently depending on which port exactly it is
connected to. I have 8 USB-2.0 ports using 4 different IRQs, some of
them shared with other drivers/devices - maybe that's the real issue.
(even though there never was any log message indicating a problem).
Obviously, if there ever has been a problem, the driver will stay in
an inconsistent state and only recover when it is reloaded.

Anyway - right now it seems to work even with both devices running
concurrently :-)

BTW, has anybody of you fellow cinergyT2 users ever experienced
crashes killing the keyboard?
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/30386)

I used to have that problem pretty regularly. Right now, I turned off
the /dev/input support, which seems to help, but I am not sure whether
this really is the problem, and could imagine occasions, where the
remote control might be a nice thing to have ...

Regards,
                            Peter Daum