Re: How to get MSI Megasky 580 (gl861) to work?

Daniel kirjoitti:
Right now I'm on a Ubuntu 6.10 (x86-server) and I'm located in Sweden. I've tried both freshly compiled 2.6.18.6 and 2.6.19.1 kernels with the ~mkrufky/megasky repository. For some reason it won't compile because of a lacking config.h file in the newer kernels. Anyway that was "solved" using a dummy one.

config.h is deprecated and removed from current kernel. This should be fixed somewhere (build scripts, makefile or..?). Your temporary fix is ok.

Then I found a message from Antti Palosaari about a patch for the QT1010-tuner. I applied the patch to the megasky-directory and recompiled. Again it compiled and I installed the new modules and rebooted. This time dmesg revealed the foolowing:
[...]
The line about qt1010_attach() didn't look so good and now kaffeine can't even find the device? Seems like a dead end here...

Most likely new qt1010 kernel module is not build, because of it is disabled by config. Try "make distclean" and then "make config" and ensure that qt1010 module is selected (Quantek QT1010 silicon tuner). I don't know why it does not print proper warning message (driver disabled by Kconfig) from qt1010.h file. Could someone who knows better this Kconfig stuff check this issue?

Could someone who got this device working help me, please. What kind of system are you running? Maybe a brief walk-through on how to set things up and compile etc? Please!

Fedora Core 6 and it works :) I have still same config.h issue...

Regards Antti

             (0-0)
tel. +358 40 535 7322 | MSN Messenger crope@xxxxxx | www.palosaari.fi
-Kahta asiaa en ymmärrä.. C-kielen syntaksi ja naisten logiikka.."