Re: Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4

Simon Roberts wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Michael.
>
>> > Does anyone have the Dual Digital 2
>> > working properly in a similar situation?  I'm sure there's no real
>> > difference between the two.
>> On the contrary, the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 is *very* different from
>> the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2.
>
> Gak!  Maybe I should return it, and hunt for old stock of the Dual
> Digital 2.  Is there any reason (features or otherwise) why I should
> keep the Dual Digital 4?

I don't think you will have good luck finding the older,
"FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2" ... but you are welcome to try.  If you find
one, it may be a good idea to let the other users on the list know about it.

OTOH, I think that the newer version is actually better... except for the
fact that it isnt yet supported in linux.

>> The FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2 uses a Samsung tuner, Dnos104z, while the
>> FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 uses the Xceive xc3028 silicon tuner.
>> XC3028 is not supported in the v4l-dvb master branch at this time, nor
>> is it supported in any upstream kernel.
>
> Aw damn.
>
>> The tuner wrapper module is not yet complete, although it does work.
>> I still
>> have to work out some kinks in it.
>> As you can tell from my description above, I am already working on adding
>> support for the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4.  I have access to a machine in
>> Australia with this card, and I already have it working, except for
>> the tuner
>> issue.  I haven't had any time in the past two weeks to work on it, but I
>> do have some time off from my day job coming up soon.
>
> If there's anything I can do to help (as a former C programmer, but no
> kernel experience), let me know.  Access to hardware, etc.
>
> Cheers and thanks, Simon

If I suddenly lose access to the current machine I'm using in Australia, then
I'll let you know.  Until then, not really much you can do besides wait.

I'll try to get this going before the end of next week, but no promises :-)

I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky