Re: Hauppauge HVR-3000 works!

Simon Santoro wrote:
Robert Longbottom wrote:

 I can get a picture and get the tuner working
now,

What was the problem? I think i'll try the analog tuner next week, so
i'll tell you if it works for me.

but I still don't get sound.  Just static noise even when the picture
is tuned in correctly.

Uhm, dvb-t, and dvb-s sound works just fine.
mplayer dvb://"RAS SF2"
and sound and video work great!
I really did nothing.

I can get the picture going, and the tuner working so I can change channels. But all I get for audio is just static noise - as if the channel isn't tuned in properly - but the channel is tuned in because I'm getting the picture ok. I'm using xawtv for the picture and 'arecord ... | aplay ...' to try and get the audio going.

Did you have to do anything in particular to get sound working?  Any
special module options that you have loaded?  Which modules do you have
installed?

<snip module list>

Hmm, looks about the same as mine (from memory) except that you have v4l1_compat loaded. Maybe I will give that a go as one of the things to try and see if it helps... Thats number two on my list of things to try anyway - along with setting i2c_scan=1 (I think thats it anyway)

I'd really like to get mine working as it is so close.  I must just be
missing a setting or switch somewhere or option somewhere, but I've had no
luck finding it...

I hope you'll get it done. I'll let you know my results with the analog
tuner next week.

Let us know if you get it going....

Robert.