Re: drivers for Thomson DTF8600 ATSC tuner?

Michael Krufky wrote:
> mikepolniak wrote:
>
>> Here's the new card i am considering for HDTV:
>>
>> 'VBox Cats Eye 150 Low Profile HDTV Card (ATSC)'
>>
>> using the DTF8600 ATSC tuner/demodulator.
>>
>> Anyone test it yet or know if  linux has compatable drivers?
>>

> This is not yet supported under linux.  What other chips are on the board,
> besides that DTF8600?  Can you take a hi-res digital photo?

The sticky part would be in terms of its A/V Decoder: The Skytune
Sky951; which is owned by VBox through a series of changes ( Auravision
-> Skytune -> Broadlogic -> VBox )

As far as I know, there is no public info/datasheet.  As I had mentioned
to Mike K before, a former VBox representative has stated that they did
have internal Linux drivers for the 150/151 models, but they did not
have intentions in the near term of releasing support for Linux.