Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR 3000 Questions

Robert Longbottom wrote:
Hi all,

I've bought myself an HVR3000 card (tri mode analog / DVB-T / DVB-S) and I've been trying to get it to work under linux.

I been trying to get the analog TV to work first (I don't have DVB-T or DVB-S (yet)) I've kind of got a picture out of it and the tuner working but no audio (I just get static noise when recording). The tuner / picture only work if I boot into Windows first and I have to rmmod tuner and modprobe tuner after boot to get the tuner to work.

I get the impression I'm missing something really obvious, but I can't for the life in me work out what it is. So the 3 problems are:

1) The tuner problem is like the card needs to be switched from DVB mode to analog mode as part of the tuning and this isn't happening - this could be the tools I'm using... ?

2) The audio problem - I don't know. I think I have the correct module loaded (cx88_alsa) and I have an extra dsp device for recording from, but I just get static noise when recording. I'm kind of guessing this might be related to the tuning problem??

3) The fact I have to rmmod tuner && modprobe tuner after boot is something to do with the fact that tuner gets loaded before the cxx modules for the HVR3000 - this must be because I have the old bttv card in and this gets detected first and then tuner module doesn't pickup the extra tuner on the HVR when it's drivers get loaded. I can live with this for now so long as I can get the other stuff working ;-)

I've been testing using xawtv and mythtv and I have an old Hauppauge analog tuner card (bttv) that is working ok.

I'm running Gentoo linux with kernel 2.6.18 and I've downloaded and complied the latest drivers from linuxtv.org

What info can I post to get some help finding out what's wrong? (I've posted everything I can think of below in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction :-) )

I've just subscribed to the list so be gentle!

Hi, Welcome! :)

try this:

http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr3000

they are not ready for merging into the mainline and are proof of concept patches to handle multiple DVB frontends on a single shared transport bus. They worked fairly reliably last I tried, although they need to cleanup and sanity checks before any merge could occur.

No personal replies please, all email should be via this mailing list.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Steve