Re: Freecom DVB-T card tuning, Re: Trouble with Pinnacle 310i DVB-T

When I last used the card (which makes my machine unstable for some reason, so I don't use at present... see PS), I used Kaffeine to scan, and it found many but not all channels. I intend to use the card with my working mythtv setup, I do not want to have to have 2 lots of channel configs (twice the channels) when the frequencies should be the same for all cards. [I also have a different Freecom stick, which has worked perfectly for a long time.]

I just want the same tuning to occur on both Freecom sticks, the old and the new, seems like a sensible thing to do...? At the moment I have to change the frequency for just the new stick.

Regards,

Benjie Gillam.

PS: Instability issues. I get a lot of the "recv bulk message failed: -22" type messages (normally -110 seems to be harmless, -75 is a bit iffy, but generally OK, and -22 means stuff is really messing around... I have no idea what these numbers really mean, and there are more than just these 3 displayed... Also, my quote is from memory). Recently after having my computer on for more than around 24 hours, with both old and new freecom cards plugged in (plus a Pinnacle 300i PCI and an old WinTV analog PCI card) the keyboard and mouse would freeze. This would mean that I could not wake X back up. The kernel was not dead, as by using magic keys (alt+SysRq+[RSEIUB]) I was able to restart my machine (fairly) cleanly. I still get this problem now from time to time, though it is far less often now I have stopped using both Freecom cards. I wonder if it is related to the usb bulk-recv errors?

Please tell me if I can be of help.

Tim Chick wrote:
It depends. If you use an initial config file i.e. for scan, it should
be
possible to do this separately for each transponder.
Adding this in the driver is not a good solution: This is country
depending
and the offset is not constant.
A better solution would be either to handle this in the scanning
program
or in an extended offset search in the driver.

I have not heard anything more on this issue?

I have the Freecom stick, and I find that I need to offset the transponder frequency for the initial scan.

BUT - if I use auto scan (so I don't select a transponder) in the latest Kaffine it all works fine. Is this a solution for Benjamin?

Thanks,
Tim