Question relating to media players (GXine in particular) and DVB-S channels

Hello

I've got a DVB-S (satellite) card which I've properly installed in my Linux box which I can tune to various channels using the dvbtune utility and I've created a channels.conf file and placed it in the .xine directory. When I use gxine however it reports that there is no lock. I know that this does in fact lock but the scan utility uses the -l DBS (local oscillator frequency DBS = 12500MHz)  and there does not seem to be any way to set this crucial piece of info up in gxine from what I can tell.

I know I'm missing something as I see many people using this as a viewer but I 'm stumped...

Can someone please point me to the correct info?

Thanks

Mark