Re: Problems with conditional access programs

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 11:18 +0100, Sven Lindholm wrote:
> On 2 nov 2006, at 18.11, Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 17:55 +0100, Sven Lindholm wrote:
> >> driver/card/CAM isn't keeping track properly.
> > This is what it appears to be, but it's not the case. What does happen
> > is that some i2c transfer between the bt878 and the dst fails, and the
> > driver resets the card during the recovery.
>
> >> Any ideas about how to go about solving or troubleshooting this?
> > I don't know how to solve this problem, but I do know that reducing
> > the
> > i2c traffic on the bus does reduce it's frequency quite a bit. tip:
> > don't run femon or similar apps. Somehow this problem has not
> > bitten me
> > much latly, not sure if any of my local patches mysteriously
> > affects the
> > situation.
>
> Are there any possible solutions to this, other than as you say
> minimizing the i2c traffic (I have nothing else running that can have
> any impact on the i2c bus)? Can one tweak some i2c setting to prevent
> the reset? Is this issue specific to the Twinhand cards, or could
> another card be a solution?
I'm quite confident it's twinhan-specific. But as allways, another card
usually means another problem. you could try changing the get_signal
function in dst.c and change the following line:
	if (time_after_eq(jiffies, state->cur_jiff + (HZ / 5))) {
into something that makes the contained block execute even more seldom.
I'm not sure exactly how that line works, so I can't recommend a new one
at the moment.

Sigmund