Reception problems on a single multiplex (Nova-S-Plus)

I posted this a few months ago but I've got no further with the problem so thought I'd re-post it to see if anyone has any ideas now:

I've using a Nova-S-Plus with the 2.6.16 kernel. The dish is pointing at Astra 28.2E and I'm getting all but one of the multiplexes without any problems. The multiplex I'm having problems with is 10.847GHz vertical, which carries "BBC 1 East (W)", "BBC 1 CI" and "BBC HD". Using szap to tune to this multiplex shows a status of "1e" instead of the usual "1f" and often a non-zero bit error rate:

status 1e | signal f000 | snr ffdc | ber 00000b5e | unc 00000b5e | FE_HAS_LOCK

I'm a bit confused by the meaning of the bits - the one that's missing appears to be FE_HAS_SIGNAL. How can you have the other bits set if the card thinks there is no signal? (It should be noted that I can record the transport stream, complete with errors).

What is the likely reason why this would affect just one multiplex? Other multiplexes on neighbouring frequencies and the same polarisation are fine (e.g. 10.817GHz vertical) and also showing the same signal strength.

--

 - Steve
   xmpp:steve@xxxxxxxxxxx   sip:steve@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.nexusuk.org/