Re: re: megasky does it actualy tune then???

> Andrew Waldram wrote:
>>>
>>> Even still, I dont think those patches will solve it entirely.  As I
>>> understand it, the qt1010 code was reverse engineered...  This means
>>> that
>>> as it is now, it will probably only work for the tv standards used by
>>> the
>>> author who did that reverse engineering.
>>>
>>> If you're feeling adventurous, it might be a good idea to sniff usb
>>> traffic from the windows driver, and see how the tuner is being
>>> controlled.
>>
>> How right you are
>>
>> these patches do not help at all
>> it does look like Malcolm could well be right.
>>
>> Is there any good documentation where to start sniffing/reverse
>> engineering (I'm not stupid but pretty vague at times;-) )
>
> Markus has some useful information on his wiki page:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Em2820
>
> When reading this page, please keep in mind that the examples on it are
> all
> em28xx-based usb devices, so naturally not all of the information will
> apply
> exactly.  However, the scripts in his v4l_experimental/em2880 directory
> are
> useful for any usb device.  If you end up using the scripts in his tree
> (located at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb) , just remember to
> use the modules from the megasky tree.  :-)
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Mike

Had a look phew didn't understand 90% of it guess need to know about USB

but did some research into uk/Austtralia offsets.

the following is the range and ofsets for the UK

frequenciesUK[]=
{
{474000000,850000000,8000000,INVERSION_OFF,BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ,FEC_AUTO,FEC_AUTO,QAM_AUTO,TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K,GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32,HIERARCHY_NONE,166670,-166670},
//Termination
{0,0,0,INVERSION_AUTO,BANDWIDTH_AUTO,FEC_AUTO,FEC_AUTO,QAM_AUTO,TRANSMISSION_MODE_AUTO,GUARD_INTERVAL_AUTO,HIERARCHY_AUTO,0,0},
};

specifies a band between 474000000Hz and 850000000Hz stepped in 8000000Hz
steps with two offsets (166670,-166670) to each frequency. (about 51
channels)

>From this I can see why qt1010 insists my frequencies are invalid

85 if (freq % QT1010_MIN_STEP)
86 printk("frequency not supported.\n");

but havent the faintest how to resolve as it looks like its threaded
troughout the code