RE: Close tzap and cannot lock frequency anymore?

Am Mittwoch, den 18.10.2006, 18:52 +0800 schrieb Chun Chung Lo:
> Hi all,
>
> So ... What is the solution / answer of my question ?
>
> I do not understand what you are talking about. Are they related to my
> question?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards,
> Lo Chun Chung

Hi,

yes, all related to your question and your email footer ;)

You have a card with a hybrid tuner.
Means totally different operation in digital and analog mode.

On loading the driver it is initialized for analog usage.
When using a dvb application it gets configured for digital usage
through the frontend. Quitting the dvb app causes standby and set back
for analog usage. This is necessary, since without that the analog IF
part at 0x043 would not even be found.

Manu was totally right and "modinfo dvb_core" enough to see that

dvb_shutdown_timeout:wait <shutdown_timeout> seconds after close() before suspending hardware (int)

will hold the tuner in digital mode and prevent standby.

Cheers,
Hermann