Re: ADS Tech Instant HDTV PCI (saa7134)

Patrick Boyd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my ADS Tech Instant HDTV PCI card to work. Currently
> the NTSC tuner works fine, but I can't seem to get it to access the
> ATSC tuner. Can someone tell me how to switch between the two tuners?
>
> lspci -v output:
> 02:07.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133 Video
> Broadcast Decoder (rev 11)
>        Subsystem: Ads Technologies Inc Unknown device 0380
>        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 201
>        Memory at eb004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
>        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2

You gave us the ivtv log messages, these are not the ones from your ADS Tech card...

The messages preceeded by saa7133 are the ones that we would have needed to see.

meanwhile, try this:

pass "card = 90" to the saa7134 driver...

modprobe saa7134 card=90
modprobe saa7134-dvb

It should work.

Please let us know if that does it.  Also include the pci subsystem id of that device,
so that we can add autodetection to the driver.  You can find the subsystem id
in the output of 'lspci -vn' or in the full dmesg output of the saa7134 driver when
it loads up.

Cheers,

Mike Krufky