Re: Pinnacle pctv 300i - DVB is ok in france !

Hi, all

hermann pitton wrote:
Hi Cabrito,

Am Dienstag, den 17.10.2006, 17:17 +0200 schrieb Cabrito Estrabico:

   Hi,

leaving in france, I recently managed to get my pinnacle pctv 310i card running

hmm, 300i and 310i are very different cards.

in both analogic and numeric mode by shifting forward by 167 kHz each channel
frequency in the tuning data file for dvb.

I would like to report here that using the same method I coud help a french ubuntu user
on the french ubuntu forum to make his pctv 300i card dvb running.

So, pctv 300i is working in dvb mode in france by shifting forward by 167 kHz each channel
frequency in the tuning data file.

Unluckily we could not make this card running in analogic mode. The tv norm in france is secam and in v4l-dvb cards list this card appears like : Pinnacle PCTV 300i DVB-T + PAL.

Does its tuner support SECAM norm ?
Does issue existing for french user ?

Yes, there is another pitfall for french users.
You need option secam=l for the tuner module.

Only the recent mercurial with Hartmut's latest audio fixes allows to
select SECAM-L directly from an app like xawtv.

Only in case it is a 310i with saa7131e, option audio_ddep=10 for
saa7134 might help as well to force NICAM stereo, but isn't the best
choice if you have also MONO analog broadcast.

Good Luck,
Hermann

Do we really talk about the 300i?
As Hermann mentioned, this card is very different from the 310i.
I was on the opiniton that the channel decoder of this card would find
the 167kHz offset automatically...
I am not sure whether the option secam=l will help. This depends on the
so-called SAW filter on the card. But it is worth a try and if it works,
please leave us a note.
Just one additional note: If you use the recent code from the repository,
you should apply the secam=l option to the saa7134.ko module.

Best regards
   Hartmut