Re: Pinnacle pctv 300i - DVB is ok in france !

Hi Cabrito,

Am Dienstag, den 17.10.2006, 17:17 +0200 schrieb Cabrito Estrabico:
>     Hi,
>
>  leaving in france, I recently managed to get my pinnacle pctv 310i card
> running

hmm, 300i and 310i are very different cards.

>  in both analogic and numeric mode by shifting forward by 167 kHz each
> channel
>  frequency in the tuning data file for dvb.
>
>    I would like to report here that using the same method I coud help a
> french ubuntu user
>  on the french ubuntu forum to make his pctv 300i card dvb running.
>
> So, pctv 300i is working in dvb mode in france by shifting forward by
> 167 kHz each channel
>  frequency in the tuning data file.
>
> Unluckily we could not make this card running in analogic mode. The tv
> norm in france is secam
> and in v4l-dvb cards list this card appears like : Pinnacle PCTV 300i
> DVB-T + PAL.
>
> Does its tuner support SECAM norm ?
> Does issue existing for french user ?

Yes, there is another pitfall for french users.
You need option secam=l for the tuner module.

Only the recent mercurial with Hartmut's latest audio fixes allows to
select SECAM-L directly from an app like xawtv.

Only in case it is a 310i with saa7131e, option audio_ddep=10 for
saa7134 might help as well to force NICAM stereo, but isn't the best
choice if you have also MONO analog broadcast.

Good Luck,
Hermann