Re: Couple of question regarding installation

Florian Lindner wrote:
Am Samstag, 14. Oktober 2006 22:16 schrieb Klaus Frahm:

> Am Samstag, 14. Oktober 2006 16:35 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:
> > Where is the driver from you are using? Can you try the drivers from
> > latest hg (v4l-dvb)?
>
> I'm using only the drivers from the kernel (2.6.17.6) and the
> firmware. No other drivers? Do I need to v4l userscape stuff?
>
> horus linux # grep DVB .config
> CONFIG_DVB=y
> CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m
> CONFIG_DVB_USB=m
> CONFIG_DVB_USB_A800=m
> CONFIG_DVB_DIB3000MC=m
>

> Thanks,
>
> Florian

Dear Florian,

I am using the same DVB-T Tuner AverTV A800 USB 2.0 and it works fine
but there are some particularities/bugs/patches to take into account:

[...]

Thanks a lot! It's working perfect with 2.6.18.1 with the patch on the first try!

Do you know when the patch will be integrated in the official kernel?

Regards,

Florian

Actually the patch is already integrated in the official kernel, i.e. it is in 2.6.19-rc1 and 2.6.19-rc2 (which just came out this morning). Unfortunately, the v4l-driver with these two kernel versions still contain the other new mpeg-corruption bug which I mentioned. However, the latested v4l-tree is okay since 2-3 days and one can savely use the latested v4l-tree to install the drivers with the 2.6.19-rc1/2 kernel if you want to test these kernels. I suppose at latest with 2.6.19-final everything will be okay, probably earlier with 2.6.19-rc3 or -rc4.

Some time ago I was hoping that the patch would be in 2.6.18 but there was a delay because it had to be tested and first integrated in Patrick's tree, then transfered to the v4l-tree and then to the official kernel. In any case, when you upgrade your kernel using the kernel-patches this does normally not interfere with your own particular patches of this type provided that the kernel-upgrade-patches do not interfere with the file a800.c. In this way I did all rc-versions from 2.6.17 to 2.6.18.

Greetings, Klaus.