Re: Couple of question regarding installation

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Klaus Frahm wrote:

-----------------------
4.) And now the worst: There is NEW bug, corruption of the mpeg flux for
certain multiplexes !! I have tested this on two very different machines. This
bug is new and appears in the latest drivers. I will report about this
bug/problem in a different thread. For the moment being I strongly suggest
that you DO NOT USE use the very latest DVB-driver from the official tree
neither the driver which is actually also in 2.6.19-rc1 (=> DO NOT USE either
2.6.19-rc1), at least the official tree one week ago had this bug (I didn't
verify later modifications).

This one should be fixed since two days in the v4l-dvb HG. Can you please try?

Patrick.

Indeed, you are right. I have just tried the very latest driver for my two PCs (a PIII 500 Mhz and a Pentium D 2800 Ghz) and the "new" bug has disappeared. All multiplexes and channels work well. I suppose this modification will appear in 2.6.19-rc2 ?

Sorry for this unnessary message (i.e. for the part 4 and the other thread), I tried last week and I wanted to post the bug but I didn't find the time and the testing of the new version was a bit cumbersome because in 2.6.19-rc1 the "old" driver (from August) refused to unload three modules with rmmod, despite the fact that otherwise it works well. There I had to reboot the PC to test the latest version but now it's done.

I have also looked at the titles of the different threads in the archives to find a mentioning of this problem but I didn't find anything but I may very easily have overlooked a relevant post.

Thanks and sorry again, Klaus.