Re: Re[2]: Re: UK DVB-T and BBC PARLIAMENT

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:55:57 +0100
david may <david.may10@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> yeah , thats the one i can get on the stb but cant see the video on
> the dvb-t even the windows dvb apps.

Aye, you need to add a specific entry for it - it won't appear or be
detected automatically.. Your STB is being more intelligent about it
and 'hunting out' any PID that happens to have traffic.

> the A /b an c are reversed on my stb now, A being on the right, id
> like to be able to access the video for multicasting over lan,and it
> seems it might be possible.
>
> if anyone knows how, that would eb great.

Chances are it was always the other way round and I'm just
misremembering. After all it's been a couple of years :)

Well, once you can get the single video PID into something like
VideoLAN, you'll easily be able to pass it through a crop filter and
then re-encode for the LAN.

You're really that desperate to watch BBC PARLIAMENT? :)

Alternatively, if you have cable, get a DVB-C card since BBC PARL is
free-to-air and is a standalone channel, no trickery required.

Cheers,
Gavin.