Re[2]: Re: UK DVB-T and BBC PARLIAMENT

Hello Gavin,

Sunday, October 8, 2006, 8:40:04 PM, you wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:57:46 +0200
> Tony Grant <tony@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I have looked at it a couple of times (not really my thing...) on
>> DVB-S and it was a normal channel back then. Can't check right now
>> I'm moving and won't have TV for three weeks.

> Last time I looked (a couple of years) at BBC parl on DVB-T, the beeb
> were broadcasting it in quite an interesting way..

> There's a hidden stream on the same mux as BBC FOUR + Radio 5, 6,
> 7,1xtra etc. which is not advertsed in the SDT.

> Its video stream is a normal 720x576 frame: but laid out something like

> --------------------------------
> |                 --------     |
> |                 |   B  |     |
> |                 |      |     |
> |  ------------|  --------     |
> |  |           |               |
> |  |    A      |  --------     |
> |  |           |  |   C  |     |
> |  |           |  |      |     |
> |  -------------  --------     |
> |                              |
> --------------------------------

> Area A is the video for BBC PARLIAMENT, whilst B and C are the 'News
> Multiscreen' feeds.

> Clever use of MHEG overlaid graphics then allows one actual MPEG stream
> to supports a TV channel and an interactive service.

> The rest of the frame is pure black.

> Cheers,
> Gavin.

yeah , thats the one i can get on the stb but cant see the video on
the dvb-t even the windows dvb apps.

the A /b an c are reversed on my stb now, A being on the right, id like to be able to access
the video for multicasting over lan,and it seems it might be possible.

if anyone knows how, that would eb great.

--
Best regards,
 david                            mailto:david.may10@xxxxxxxxxxxx