Problems with bt8xx cards in Kernel 2.6.19-rc1

Hello everybody,

A thousands of thanks for the choice to deselect obsolete frontend modules for bt8xx cards in Kernel 2.6.18 and 2.6.19-rc1.
Real pretty good work, but not done consequently enough.
Problems:
When selecting cx24110.c for compiling support for Pinnacle PCTVSAT three modules are still compiled with that selection, but are completely obsolete:
1.dst.c
2.dst_ca.c
3.dvb_pll.c
First major fault: The module dvb_pll.c is not deselectable at all. If one tries to make it deselectable by a patch for /drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/Kconfig, there are still static dependencies for the LGDT330x cards hanging around in module dvb_bt8xx.
As I did not want to wipe out compatibility for these LG cards I do not offer a patch here. Perhaps someone knows better!
Nevertheless the thesis that all bt8xx cards need a dvb_pll.c module is WRONG. In so far the current solution is not only still wasting RAM, but simply inefficient in its substance! Also the two dst modules should become deselectable as they are NOT needed by the Pinnacle PCTVSAT!
If someone could send me a complete list of frontends that belong to the specific cards mentioned in bt8xx.txt I could go deeper into point d.) of my second patch and thus give back a more detailed documentation! Wouldn't that be nice? Nevertheless the problems I mentioned above remain untouched and need to be resolved.
It is a real pity that by selecting "Enable Video for Linux API 1 compatible layer" you can pretty isolate cx24110.c as frontend module without any obsolete dependencies the Pinnacle PCTVSAT does not need, but at the same time cannot involve the necessary backend modules dvb_bt8xx.c and bt878.c! That would be a solution I would call very efficient!

Regards
Uwe Bugla

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl