Re: Where to find specifications for user-defined descriptor tags?

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> would anyone here know where to find the specifications for some
> user-defined descriptor tags? Specifically, I'm looking for the
> specifications of:
>
> private_data_specifier 0x00000001 (SES):
> - 0xA0 (some type of country specification)
> - 0xA1 (unknown meaning)
>
> [These are found in the PMTs for the ARD radio services on ASTRA 19.2°E]
>
> private_data_specifier 0x00000005 (ARD/ZDF/ORF):
> - 0x80 (EPG content descriptor keywords)
> - 0x81 (unknown meaning)
> - 0x82 (ASCII representation of programme_identification_label)
> - 0x83 (appears to be some sort of news ticker transmitted via EPG)
>
> [These are found in the EPG for the ARD television services on ASTRA
> 19.2°E]
>
> Obviously the broadcasters must have released the specifications to at
> least some receiver makers for implementation. But I cannot find anything
> on them on the Internet, and I don't have any idea who I could contact
> about them either...

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but this could be a bit
helpful.

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ipdvb/archive/0306/msg00013.html

But AFAICS, user defined descriptors could be anything that is a custom
defined.  A specification might not make much of a sense there. There
are many vendors who use custom descriptors for customized applications.
Reminds me of NVOD vendors who do gimmicks to provide more or less
interactive services.

AFAICT, these descriptors are just known to that specific application only.

Regards,
Manu