Re: Freecom DVB-T USB with 14aa:0225 - one physical device but loaded twice

Alan Chandler schrieb:
> On Monday 02 October 2006 16:07, d-PUNk wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using a Freecom DVB-T usb device which has the usb id 14aa:0225
>> before the driver / firmware is loaded. My system is gentoo linux with
>> 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 kernel source. I download the latest snapshot of the
>> linux-dvb drivers via mercurial and installed them. I took the firmware
>> named dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw. When I modprobe dvb_usb_dtt200u I get:
>
>> Now I am quite confused why I find two directories in /dev/dvb named
>> adapter0 and adapter1 with
>>
>> adapter0:
>>
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 4  2. Okt 16:50 demux0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 5  2. Okt 16:50 dvr0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3  2. Okt 16:50 frontend0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 7  2. Okt 16:50 net0
>>
>> adapter1
>>
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 68  2. Okt 16:50 demux0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 69  2. Okt 16:50 dvr0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 67  2. Okt 16:50 frontend0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 71  2. Okt 16:50 net0
>>

>> I can dvbscan on both adapters with correct behaviour (but not at the
>> same time) and vlc shows tv when using the generated channels.conf.
>>
>> I would like to use vdr for recording but this gives me a lot of errors
>> (adapter1/demux0: too many open files ... and more).
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why I got to devices? dmesg looks to me like the
>> firmware loads twice. Also two ir-receiver are registered and the
>> class/input/inputX increases every time I unload and load the
>> dvb_usb_dtt200u.
>>

> I have had similar problems to this, but not always, and not recently - I
> think it disappeared when I rebooted.
>
> But I didn't have to modprobe, udev seemed to take care of it.
>
> One thing I did discover with these devices is that the signal strength value
> is inverted.

Well ok, I don't need to modprobe, I did it just for testing. I tried
the same on my notebook which uses a different kernel and it's all the
same. What does it mean that the signal stength is inverted? So is the
second device of any use?