Re: ASUSTEK P7131 Dual TV dvb mode?

Sorry for the late reply. I had no possibility to test you suggestions
earlier.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 01:10:55PM +0200, you [hermann pitton] wrote:

> that mirror is not complete, but as you can read there with a recent
> mercurial get_dvb_firmware you can try to get latest revision 29 from
> LifeView.

I took the latest get_dvb_firmware from mercurial, but it appears to be no
different from the 2.6.18-rc7 one. So I suppose the firmware I had was
correct.

> But first of all you must change the mentioned line of code to force
> card does.
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg27672.html

Ok, this one seemed to make the difference! Now I finally get

[13415.008749] tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok

and the dvb side works. (Though it still requires use to use the fm radio
first to select the correct antenna input, as was mentioned.)

> For now with the above modification card=78 seems fine, but for example
> still no report for radio function.

I can't get any sound out of analog tv (picture works) nor fm radio (seems
to tune, though), but I'm likely missing the cable. Or is analog sound
supposed to work without the cable from the card to sound card input?

> Either the card should have its own
> entry ASAP or we would at least need some sort of detection and switch
> case in saa7134-dvb for the firmware loading.

That would be cool.

> >    browse around, but found nothing glaringly relevant)?
>
> 2.6.18-rc7 should be sufficient. There are two patches floating out of
> tree currently.
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg28261.html
>
> The remote patch is untested on 1043:4876 and needs some more cleaning.

At this point I'm not yet interested in the remote (until I get at least all
the other wires sorted.) I'll try to give it a try later.

> >  - Does DVB with 1043:4876 work for anybody (yet)?
>
> Definitely yes. Check the video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxxx

Big thanks!

-- v --

v@xxxxxx