ASUSTEK P7131 Dual TV dvb mode?

I've got the ASUSTeK P7131 Dual (1043:4876 revision). The analog part sort
of works, but trying to use the DVB side just gives

tda1004x: timeout waiting for DSP ready
tda1004x: found firmware revision 0 -- invalid

So far i've been using 2.6.18-rc7 from kernel.org. I also tried to download
the firmware from http://www.thadathil.net/dvb/fw/, and with the
Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware script (tried both tda10046 and
tda10046lifeview). The result is always the same.

I found this message message
http://archives.devshed.com/forums/linux-97/dvb-t-on-asustek-p7131-dual-device-4876t-1966310.html

I'm still somewhat uncertain about a few things:

 - Is tda10046lifeview firmware (loaded with get_dvb_firmware) what I should
   use?
 - Is there any clear way to know the driver tries to load the
   firmware from /lib/firmware (the error seems the same in case the
   firmware file is absent)?
 - Should I do "modprobe saa7134 card=78" or try some other card= value?
 - Are there relevant fixes in the linux-dvb mercurial tree (I tried to
   browse around, but found nothing glaringly relevant)?
 - Does DVB with 1043:4876 work for anybody (yet)?

thanks,

-- v --

v@xxxxxx