Freecom usb dvb-t hang usb id 14aa:0221

Hi Team

My Freecom usb dvb-t stick seems to hang the system after upgrade from
suse 10.0 to 10.1 on my main mythtv server on insertion of the stick. It
will NOT hang the system if the stick is in on boot AND the ariel lead
is NOT attached. System will boot, but as soon as I try to tune it
hangs. However if I dont do a scan and just tune to a channel it seems
to work. But If i now reboot with the aerial attached it hangs the
system on boot also.

usb id is 14aa:0221
I have rebuilt from mercurial and same thing

to make matters worse
It does however work on my IBM thinkpad laptop also running suse
10.1also, scans, tunes, boots the lot.
cant see what the difference is except perhaps the USB hardware. The
stick did wotk nicely on suse 10.0 on the main mythbox.

Mike C