Re: Re: %5Blinux-dvb%5D%20Twinhan%20Cab%2FCI%202031%3A%20frontend%20entry%20sometimes%20missing

Manu Abraham wrote:

Zoilo Gomez wrote:
Hi Marcus,

The problems with 2031 were unfortunately never fixed. IIRC we were left
with the following problems:
1) tuner device sometimes missing in /dev/dvb/adapterX/ on boot (app.
20% of the boots, tested on 2 different machines)
2) needed to tune twice in case of freq change; the first time would
almost never give a lock (but sometimes it did strangely enough)
3) unstable signal, where signal would be lost after some time (hours);
this problem I never investigated thoroughly, because of 1) and 2) which
needed a solution first.

So at some point I had to decide to drop 2031, then chose KNC-ONE /
DVB-C + separate CI-module, which is running very stable.

Pity, because I would really prefer to have CI integrated into the DVB-C
card.

My hopes are that Twinhan 1034, which Manu is currently working on, will
eventually give better results.

The 1034 is a DVB-S card.

Thank you Manu for correcting my mistake; what I meant is Twinhan 2033/Mantis.

Please let me know if you can make progress (but please CC to the
linux-dvb list as well).

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?f=4f65bdd94527;file=linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst.c;style=gitweb

at line #1648, does adding a msleep(20) or something around that order
help ? for your problem (2) mentioned
for (1) try using dst_addons=0x20 as module parameter.

You will need this patch as well (for fixing the dvb-attach). Apply this
patch first
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/27792/match=

Alongwith one of the previous patches, commenting out one line for
DCT-CI cards

Manu

I do not have my 2031 cards here at the moment, but will hopefully be able report back sometime later this week.

Thank you and best regards,

Z.