Re: Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7.

Am Dienstag, den 19.09.2006, 10:49 +1000 schrieb Peter D.:
> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 07:34, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> > Hi, Folks
> >
> > Peter D. wrote:
> [snip]
> > > Maybe EMF from one card is interfering with the other.  I might
> > > try putting an insulated sheet of metal between the cards.  That
> > > could be rather nasty if I short things out.
> > >
> > > Other people are running multiple tuner cards, so I guess it is
> > > unlikely that one driver is interfering with the other - unless
> > > there is something really odd about the MSI.
> >
> > Is the tuner of the MSI card shielded ?
>
> There is no tin can on the MSI TV@nywhere A/D.

We must come further on this.

The MSI TV@anywhere Plus is also not shielded,
but as seen, the real problem is somewhere else.

On the Asus stuff, the probably well meant grip on the antenna
connectors is such strong in the beginning, that one can easily get it
slightly out of the PCI slot plugging around :). There is no equivalent
for physical locking, like on recent AGP heating replacements, but there
is even an report now, that the connectors are easily broken out ;)

That will happen on the m$ drivers as well, since on such hybrid stuff
there is no ideal solution.

Cheers,
Hermann