Re: Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7.

On Sunday 17 September 2006 18:14, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> > > Try and error or search for appropriate information.
> > > I will change the locking algorithm some time. But this is a
> > > difficult change and definitely not be there within few days.
> >
> >   Well I'm bemused by this. I have had the same card in my
> > desktop box (with no other pci card in it) and I had perfect
> > service on all 5 channels (working off the same frequencies as
> > Peter D). But today I pulled it out of that machine and stuck it
> > in my mythbox (with a Visionplus branded Twinhan card (dvb-bt8xx)
> > and a Kworld DVB-T card (using cx88-dvb)) and I am now
>
> FYI, have 3 DVB-T cards here; a VisionPlus HDTV (Twinham dvb-bt8xx
> w/ mt352 frontend), OEM rev of DViCO FusionHDTV DVB Plus (cx88 w/
> mt352 frontend) and a AVermedia AverTV DVB-T (cx88 w/ dst
> frontend).
>
> i am also in Melbourne SE suburbs like Peter.  am running dvb
> tip-of-tree as of 6 September.

I've failed with a tip more recent than that.

> i have no problems tuning channel 7
> (or any other channel) on all 3 DVB-T cards using frequencies as
> per frequences on dba website (http://www.dba.org.au/)

Interesting.  My out-of-the-box configuration does not agree with what
is listed at http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=120  You might
have been lucky in that your particular hardware and drivers were
smart enough to correct a mis-configuration.  Or maybe you system is
configured correctly and mine is not.  I will experiment.

> as far as i can tell, there is nothing wrong with the dvb tree or
> drivers. i'd suggest you check your cabling & have a look at your
> antenna.

I am using one external antenna.  I think that Philip is doing the
same.  Signal strength seems quite good here.  Kaffeine is reporting
signal strength of about 94% and snr or about 80%.

--
Peter D.
Sig goes here...